- Be authentic and allow the impact of every post you create or comment you make to be a reflection of your best self. It’s more important to have a smaller, positive voice, within the sea of online noise, to truly benefit your personal brand.
- Move with the times as swiftly as possible. Text is out and images/videos are in. Don’t be roped into spending huge budget on creating content because the more authentic, the better. Raw and real is the way to go.
- Return the favour and not the favourite. It is highly frustrating to post content and only receive a like or favourite, so get into the habit of sharing other’s content and they will soon begin to do the same. If not, have a chat to a few individuals and offer to support each other.
- Focus on the social of media. Although social media is a strong marketing tool, the public still has the greatest desire to use it as a form of communication with the brands they choose. Find the balance between content and communication.
- Don’t overlook the power of a hashtag for campaigns and engagement and ensure you filter it through all communication. If you train your network to use it, it has the potential to become a strong online community.
- If you will not say it in person to the individual do not say it on social media
- Be Yourself But Most Importantly Present Your Best Self Always
- There is a higher percentage of people consuming your content compared to those who like or comment
- Set a time daily to manage responses and comments | Time Management | Make time for your family, they are nice people
- Master the basics and take time to understand how social networks work.
- When it comes to #socialmedia marketing, ‘hope’ is not a strategy. Don’t hit & miss. Have a plan in place to reach your goals.
- Does #socialmedia marketing leave you spread too thinly in terms of time & resource? Rather maintain fewer channels; quality over quantity.
- Remember #socialmedia is about give & take. Focus on helping and interacting with others – it is not meant to be a broadcast medium!
- Be wary of heavy #automation in your #socialmedia marketing. People do business with people. Particularly those they like & trust.
- Successful #socialmedia marketing is a marathon, not a sprint. Planning & consistency with engaging content & community-building are key.
- Social media is a tool that should be used to market your brand and create an online community! The success in social lies in connecting and conversing with the right people
- Find your unique voice to share your story so that you stand out from the crowd! Content creation is key, be authentic and true to your own brand and voice
- Photos are vital, ‘a picture says a thousand words’ couldn’t be more true when it comes to social media! Brush up on your skills and always be open to learning new things
- Different social media platforms have different audiences and everyone has a favourite platform! Keep this in mind so you don’t always share the same content across all of them
- Be consistent! The best way to grow an audience and engage with followers is to be active and make sure your posts are of interest and relevant to your followers!