Earth Day is an annual event celebrated on April 22. Worldwide, various events are held to demonstrate support for environmental protection.*
What can one do to Celebrate Earth Day (today and every day)?
Earth Day is a perfect opportunity to learn about the environment and how you can join and help to protect it. It’s a great time to make a decision and commit to practices that will help saving our planet. It’s a time that we can share our own knowledge by letting others know what they can do in their daily lives to make a difference, so start now.
Below some meaningful ways to celebrate Earth Day with your families and friends that can actually make a difference all year long:
- Save water by practising simple home water saving methods
- Pick up litter whenever you are (join beach clean ups)
- Reduce, Reuse, Recycle
- Use public transport, walk, ride your bike in order to get from place to place
- Turn down your water heater/geyser
- Install energy efficient lights
- Plant a tree NOW
- Volunteer your time to organisations (local or national) that put effort into making the world a better place and helping the environment.
- Stop drinking bottled water!
- Plant your own veggie and herb garden (can be done even indoor)
- Swap your paper bills to online payments only
- Use Eco friendly products
- Encourage others to get in on the celebration of Earth Day #EarthDay2018 #WorldEarthDay